Spin off from Industrial Gas/Defense firms
Formed in April 2002, Avālence, LLC is a spin-off from two private firms with over 150 years of combined experience in hydrogen electrolysis and gas generation plant sales globally.
The Avālence Hydrofiller is a disruptive high-pressure hydrogen gas generator with a distinct commercial advantage: it produces ultra-high-pressure hydrogen gas without a compressor. This technology advance:
- Cuts capital cost by up to 50%
- Reduces operating cost by up to 20%
- Eliminates maintenance and noise issues associated with high-pressure compressors
- Integrates especially well with renewable power
- Increases energy efficiency
Another advantage of the Hydrofiller is the ease and low cost of integration with fluctuating renewable energy sources (solar, wind, etc).
- Technology validation of our innovative Hydrofiller has been completed on small-scale units
- Extensive factory testing has been conducted on alpha and beta units
- Hydrofiller power feed from both renewable and grid power has been validated
- Field testing on these units is underway
- Cost reduction and fabrication efficiency initiatives are ongoing
- Avālence is presently undertaking a major scale-up of the core technology to a 300 kg/day design
Avālence offers engineering services for early-adopter customers to address all technical requirements including project feasibility, system capacity and optimization, component selection, integration and control and ongoing technical support.
Avālence has formalized strategic alliances with complementary equipment manufacturers, government and academic institutions and leading corporations to stage early-adopter field demonstrations.
Avālence occupies a 17,000 square foot office and technology facility in Milford, CT. Technical capabilities encompass research, product development, prototype testing, data acquisition, control and PLC programming, CAD design, full-spectrum fabrication and oversight of qualified subcontractors.